Happy New Year! Once again, I’m here with my goals for the year. I did a pretty darn good job crushing my goals in 2016, and I hope to do the same again this year.
Improve My Health
- Exceed my run/walk mileage for 9/12 months from 2016, even if it is just by a tenth of a mile. My ultimate goal is to make 2017 a 730 mile year! The more I run, the more my running will improve.
- Reach a goal of running/walking 100 miles in one month. Last year I almost hit this goal – and I am determined to actually do it this year!
- Get a PR at the Detroit marathon. I ran my first marathon in 2016 just to say I could do it. Now I want to beat my time!
- Complete one race (of any type) each month. Racing really helps to improve my running by having goals to hit, and this will be 3 years in a row accomplishing this goal!!
- Reach my goal of a “normal” BMI by my 30th birthday. Increased activity and better eating has really helped my running. I felt my absolute best not at my lowest weight as an adult, but when my BMI was considered “normal” – it was more maintainable than my lowest weight. I know that this will also help with my running.
Expand my Brain
- Do some continuing education every month – whether it is reading a nutrition related article, attending a webinar, or going to a training/conference. This is important not only to keep me up to date in nutrition, but also to maintain my RDN status.
- Read a book every month – new or re-visit one I haven’t read in a long time. This was a goal I had for myself in 2016 that I didn’t accomplish, and I want to work on doing it again!
- Finish organizing the office and get furniture so it can be used as a second guest room. This was on my goals for 2016 and although we did clean it and organize it a bit, it still is not done.
- Finish organizing the basement. Ken got a great start by building shelves but we really need to go through all of our stuff and throw away what we don’t use/want/need anymore!
- Set up a workout room in our basement. Currently we have a treadmill and weight bench in the basement, but ideally I’d like the heavy bag to go down there and to get a TV so we can do workout videos down there too.
- Paint our bedroom. We did paint our living room this year and I’d really like to paint our bedroom. Even though purple is my favorite color, I’d like a little bit more subdued version of it!
- Decorate the walls – maybe with my medals! My race medals currently hand on knobs in the office. I’d love to display them somewhere in the house.
Have Some Fun & Build Relationships
- See 311 in concert. I hope this year they make up for the concert getting cut short in 2016!
- Get away somewhere for a weekend with Ken. We actually have not done something just the two of us away from home in a long time. Those trips are wonderful for relationship building.
- Visit my out of town friends at least 6 times. What this really should say is – visit my friends at least 6 times! Because all of them are out of town now. :(
- Visit my parents at least 6 times. I hope to make this happen more often because life is not guaranteed and we never know how much longer we have with our parents.
- Go somewhere that I have never been to before. I did this in 2015 and I’m so glad I did! I am bummed that I didn’t really get to do this in 2016, but hopefully I will be able to do it this year!
- Post 50 blogs this year. I have not been great at posting on a regular basis and I do want to pot more. I think it has helped that I have “re-branded” my blog to be more running focused, this that seems to be very central in my life.
- Complete an Instagram Project 365. I did this in 2016 and I am so proud of myself! This year I plan to do a little twist and do a Project 365 entirely consisting of selfies. :D
- Get together with the Fab Four at least once. We are talking about getting together again for Jacklyn’s birthday.
- Celebrate Christmas Eve Eve with Kyle. This actually was a tradition for us in high school – we would go shopping at Meijer – and we decided to bring it back this year.
- Binge watch Supernatural until I am caught up. Matt and Paula really want me to get into this series and I am trying, I really am!
- Watch all of the seasons of Gilmore Girls. Several people have suggested this series to me, also, so I want to watch them.
- Visit Jacklyn in her new home in Gaylord. Maybe this will be our Fab Four get together this year!
- Visit Lorraine and JD in Philly. Currently have the weekend of April 1st on the radar – Blue October is playing in Philly that day, plus that is right before JD’s 30th birthday!
- Go to Cedar Point. We have a pretty big group planning to do the Cedar Point 5k this year and I am super excited!