Cancel my membership at my current gym and get a new membership somewhere else (the new place has an indoor track and fitness classes that I hope will motivate me to be more active).DONE before the New Year even started! :)
- Buy a fitness class punch card for 10 classes each month and attend 10 fitness classes each month. I bought punch cards in January and February but still haven’t taken 10 classes in a month. I came close in February – I attended 9 classes!
- Do strength training at least twice per week. I haven’t been doing this, I’ve been having too much fun in the cardio classes. I need to get into this in March.
- Run at least three times per week. I also haven’t been running very much but I have been doing a lot of other types of cardio which have really built up my endurance! My goal is to run 3 times a week in March.
- Reach a goal of 50 miles in a month walking and/or running by the end of the year. I got about halfway there this past month but I have a feeling I will get closer and closer as the months go by… and I will be very surprised if I don’t hit 50 miles in May because that’s when Cedar Point opens!
- Run at least 3 5k races this year, and either an 8k or a 10k. One 5k down, 2 to go! And I’m signed up for a 10k race on March 15th. :)
- Train for a duathlon and complete one by the end of the year. I haven’t really been training but I am planning to do spinning classes in March.
- No eating out on Wednesdays unless it is a special occasion or we are out of town. I honestly did not pay any attention to this in February.
- Post a “What I Ate Wednesday” blog at least twice per month. Didn’t happen in February, I was too focused on my Month of Movement!
- Drink at least 80 oz. of water each day. Again, I didn’t pay attention to this during February, but I did drink a lot of water since I was working out so much.
- Cut down on drinking diet pop and eventually give it up – possibly for Lent? I definitely did better with this in January than I did in February.
- Cut out artificial sweeteners as much as possible. The only thing that I have had w/ artificial sweetener is diet pop, pretty much since January.
- Make my lunch for work at least 3/5 days per week. I was not doing well with this in February, but I started doing better with it this week. I managed to bring my lunch twice this past week.
- Use MyFitnessPal and post a weekly summary at least once per month to this blog. I didn’t use MyFitnessPal as much this month, but I used it somewhat.
- Put at least $100 per month into both savings accounts. We have our accounts set up that $50 automatically comes out of our checking into savings every payday, so this is happening.
- Do Project 365 (take a picture every day) and post a weekly summary to this blog. Ehh, I totally slacked on this in February. I’m too far behind to make it up, so I’m just going to pick up where I left off.
- Make at least two Pinterest recipes per month and blog about it. Nope, didn’t happen in February!
- Go on an overnight ski trip with Ken. Hasn’t happened yet and probably won’t this year. :(
- Get season passes to Cedar Point. I hope we will get them! I don’t work any weekends in May, plus I have a week’s vacation to use up by August, so I am hoping we will go a lot in May!
- Visit my out-of-town friends at least 6 times this year. Hmm… I didn’t make any trips to visit friends this month, but we had our housewarming party so out-of-town friends visited us… I guess that counts!
- Sing karaoke. Not yet, but I have a feeling the next time the “wingmen” get together this is happening…
- Visit my parents at our cottage (their home) at least 2 times this summer. Man I can’t wait for summer to get here…
- See 311 in concert this summer. So it was announced this month that 311 is going to be headlining at a music festival in Lansing, which means they probably won’t do a “Detroit” show. Which is totally fine and I am totally getting tickets ASAP!
- Plan a vacation and REALLY use my vacation days. You can see above that I am most likely going to use my vacation days to go to Cedar Point!
- Organize and submit all of my continuing education credits. I have got to get on top of this.
Complete the application to become a Board Certified Specialist in Gerontological Nutrition by 4/24/14 or make the decision to wait until next year.I think I have decided that I am actually going to wait to do either this or grad school until my next continuing education cycle starts since I already have a lot of continuing education credits. The CSG or grad school would actually fulfill all of my CEUs for a reporting period (which is 5 years). Study for the CSG credential exam.See above.
- Go to church with Ken’s family at least once per month. I have gone every week since Christmas!
- Read the Bible. I have been reading the Bible on a fairly regular basis and I plan to read through all of the gospels during Lent.
Start RCIA in the fall.I have already started the inquiry process of RCIA!
1 thought on “My Goals for 2014: February Update”