You would think that I would be making slow cooker recipes during the week when I am working, but no, I save them for the weekend. I have been dying to try this recipe for a while, and I don’t know what the heck I was waiting for. It was amazing! I didn’t have my husband as a critic this time, hopefully he will try some leftovers though.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 lb. boneless beef chuck roast, cut into strips (I ended up getting a chuck steak, and it was 0.88 lbs. Next time I will definitely get more meat!)
- 1 cup beef consumme or beef broth (I used beef broth)
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar (I always wondered what you’d use dark brown sugar for, now I know!)
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Frozen broccoli florets (I used a 16 oz bag of broccoli cuts)
- White or brown rice, cooked (I used instant brown rice)
And here’s what you do:
- In a bowl, mix together beef broth, soy sauce, dark brown sugar, sesame oil, and garlic.
- Place strips of meat in crock pot. Pour sauce over the strips and toss them to coat.
- Turn your Crock Pot on low for about 6 hours (mine was done in about 5).
- With about a half hour left of cooking time, take 4 Tbsp of sauce from Crock Pot and mix with 2 Tbsp of cornstarch, then put it back into the sauce to help thicken.
- Toss in frozen broccoli (if you put it in first thing it will be soggy and gross!) and continue to cook for about 30 minutes.
- When it is done, serve over rice and ENJOY! :)
3 thoughts on “Pinterest Recipe Success: Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli”
I need to use my crock pot more! This looks amazing!!
Love Pinterest! I did a whole series of posts on a dinner I made using Pinterest ideas – quite popular :) – http://cookupastory.wordpress.com/2014/05/06/vinny-cooks-up-a-dinner-party-from-the-internet/
I love the slow cooking recipes, the meat tastes so yummy and soft! I loved your recipe!