May was an awesome month for running. I averaged about 10 miles per week, which is the best I have ever done. In the past it’s been like… oooh, this week I ran about 14 miles and the next week I manage 6 if I am lucky. But I have been more consistent in my training.
Besides the obvious accomplishment of banking more goals this year than last year, I also conquered Couch-2-5k. Obviously I have run a few 5ks in my day, but the point was that I had never finished the training plan. In fact, I started it on my phone app on 6/24/13… and I just finished it, almost a year later, on 5/17/14. On 5/18/14 I started the 5k-to-10k plan and have been chugging along with that. I am so proud of myself!
So here’s my mileage update…
- January 2013: 18.33 miles / January 2014: 15.40 miles
- February 2013: 2.15 miles / February 2014: 29.24 miles
- March 2013: 27.85 miles / March 2014: 27.98 miles
- April 2013: 41.96 miles / April 2014: 43.68 miles
- May 2013: 45.00 miles / May 2014: 46.19 miles
- June 2013: 32.96 miles / June 2014:
- July 2013: 39.72 miles / July 2014:
- August 2013: 37.90 miles / August 2014:
- September 2013: 2.30 miles / September 2014:
- October 2013: 4.24 miles / October 2014:
- November 2013: 6.60 miles / November 2014:
- December 2013: 7.73 miles / December 2014:
As you can see, it is all downhill from here. Unless something crazy happens, I don’t think it will be a problem to beat any of my mileage from last year in the upcoming months… especially when we get to September! ;)
In all seriousness, my mileage should be creeping up. I plan to finish the 5k-to-10k training by mid to late July, which doesn’t go by mileage but by time running. The longest run is a full 60 minute run. Once that is complete I will be focused on building mileage and probably will go back to a run/walk type training to prepare for my half marathon in November… hopefully a good 15 weeks of training.
I am excited for my training!