Well, its been a while folks. And as usual, summer fun + hectic work weeks = no motivation to run. Needless to say… I did not meet my mileage goal for June, and probably won’t for July either, but I have a feeling I will make up for the miles in the coming months.
So my new goal is not only to try to beat my miles each month from last year, but to have more miles overall in 2014 than in 2013. Shouldn’t be a difficult task since I am now whole-heartedly training for my half marathon!
Here’s my mileage update…
- January 2013: 18.33 miles / January 2014: 15.40 miles
- February 2013: 2.15 miles / February 2014: 29.24 miles
- March 2013: 27.85 miles / March 2014: 27.98 miles
- April 2013: 41.96 miles / April 2014: 43.68 miles
- May 2013: 45.00 miles / May 2014: 46.19 miles
- June 2013: 32.96 miles / June 2014: 22.02 miles
- July 2013: 39.72 miles / July 2014: 16.93 miles so far, 22.8 miles to beat last year – not impossible, but highly unlikely that I will beat that goal.
- August 2013: 37.90 miles / August 2014:
- September 2013: 2.30 miles / September 2014:
- October 2013: 4.24 miles / October 2014:
- November 2013: 6.60 miles / November 2014:
- December 2013: 7.73 miles / December 2014:
I also have not done any races in a while. I had thought about doing one in July, but as I said earlier – work has been hectic, plus trying to do fun summer things, and my husband works a ton in the summer, so it just hasn’t worked out. There are a few coming up in August that I want to do, and I definitely want to do at least one more 10k before the half-marathon!