It is December 31st 2012. I bet some of my readers didn’t think we would even make it past 10 days ago – the date the Mayan calendar ended. But since those end of the world predictions were wrong, here I am to review last year’s “Keeping It Real Dietitian’s” goals and set some new ones for 2013.
So lets review how I did on last year’s goals and what I am doing with them in 2013:
- Get back into running. Well, I did get back into it but not as whole-heartedly as I would have liked. I did run a 5k race, but my wedding planning and a pseudo injury have held me back. This goal stays on my list for 2013 and I am working on it TODAY by going to get new running shoes. :)
- Cook more homemade meals. I think I was pretty successful with this, especially after Ken and I moved into our own house. I want to continue this goal into 2013 and BLOG more about it which brings me to my next goal from 2012…
- BLOG REGULARLY. Fail. According to my year in review from WordPress I only posted 17 blogs in 2012, which to me is a major fail. I did get 1500 views, which is awesome… so my goal for 2013 is at least one blog article per week. Next year my blog review b etter say I posted 52 blogs!!
- Be a better future wife. Well, I think I was more successful with this AFTER I became Ken’s wife. I have kept our new home fairly clean and organized and like I said earlier I have been cooking on an almost regular basis. I want to continue to keep a clean and organized home in 2013.
- Don’t be a Bridezilla! I think I nailed this one. I was super calm through most of the wedding planning. In the final days before the wedding I did get a little more crazy, but overall no real Bridezilla. Score!!! So for 2013 my goal is not to be a Matron of Honor-zilla… I am standing up in my best friend’s wedding in September.
- Plan for my future and career. Hmm… still working on this one. I did change jobs to become a full time long term care dietitian, and maybe that is my career path, but I think my future holds more for me. I am going to continue to look at advanced degrees and specializations that I can attain as a registered dietitian.
In general, I want to be the best me that I can be. I want to work hard at my job and my marriage. And I want to be healthy and fit. So here’s to 2013, and AT LEAST 52 blog posts!!! ;)