I can’t believe that we are already almost a week into April. Time flies when you’re having fun! Or in my case, when you fill your life with awesome people and entertaining things to do.
While I haven’t really kept up on all of my goals for this year, I have been staying active. I am still going to Zumba at least once a week, but usually twice a week, and I love it! I have been running 2-3 times per week and doing some strength training here and there. Today I even tried a yoga class at my gym, which I really enjoyed. I have done yoga in the past but never kept up a regular routine. The classes at my gym are very affordable ($25 for 10 classes) so I am thinking I will make it a point to add in yoga at least once a week, too. And maybe someday I will get into spinning… I took an introductory class and liked it, but I felt like the teacher pushed everyone to commit to at least 3 spinning classes a week and I definitely won’t be fitting that into my schedule OR budget.
As for the challenge I proposed to myself last month – to rack up more miles this year than last year, and a bonus challenge to rack up more miles each month than the month before – here’s my update!
- January 2013: 18.33 miles / January 2014: 15.40 miles
- February 2013: 2.15 miles / February 2014: 29.24 miles
- March 2013: 27.85 miles / March 2014: 27.98 miles
- April 2013: 41.96 miles / April 2014: 3.62 miles so far… gotta pick up the pace if I want to beat last year!
- May 2013: 45.00 miles / May 2014:
- June 2013: 32.96 miles / June 2014:
- July 2013: 39.72 miles / July 2014:
- August 2013: 37.90 miles / August 2014:
- September 2013: 2.30 miles / September 2014:
- October 2013: 4.24 miles / October 2014:
- November 2013: 6.60 miles / November 2014:
- December 2013: 7.73 miles / December 2014: