It has been a while since your “keeping it real” dietitian shared her thoughts with the world. I posted in the beginning of November about how crazy life has been, and it really hasn’t stopped. My husband and I have received so many blessings, and at the same time we’ve been through some really tough stuff in the last few months. I’ve felt everything from the worst devastation imaginable to overwhelming excitement and happiness. I am so grateful for all of the good things that have happened over the last few months, and I am hopeful for the year to come.
Speaking of the year to come… I can’t believe that in a few short days it will be 2015! 2015 will be a big year for me. In April I will be baptized and welcomed into full communion with the Catholic church. June will mark 10 years since my high school graduation. And on Halloween my husband and I are planning to have our marriage blessed in the church, on the 9 year anniversary of when we started dating. Plus, we’ve recently found out that a few of our friends are expecting children in 2015, and at least one of our close friends will be getting married. 2015 is going to be life changing, and I’m so excited for what the year has in store for us!
So as I round out 2014 and start thinking about what I want to accomplish in 2015, I will give one last summary of my mileage before I have the final number for you January 1st! Expect a few posts from me in the next week, as I will be thinking about my goals and starting to look for races to run in 2015. You know my big goal is out there… since I didn’t get to it this year, I WILL run a half marathon in 2015.
- January 2013: 12.33 miles / January 2014: 15.40 miles
- February 2013: 2.15 miles / February 2014: 29.24 miles
- March 2013: 27.85 miles / March 2014: 27.98 miles
- April 2013: 41.96 miles / April 2014: 43.68 miles
- May 2013: 45.00 miles / May 2014: 46.19 miles
- June 2013: 32.96 miles / June 2014: 22.02 miles
- July 2013: 31.78 miles / July 2014: 33.19 miles
- August 2013: 37.90 miles / August 2014: 17.15 miles
- September 2013: 2.30 miles / September 2014: 42.27 miles
- October 2013: 4.24 miles / October 2014: 11.30 miles
- November 2013: 6.60 miles / November 2014: 17.27 miles
- December 2013: 7.73 miles / December 2014: 16.50 miles
- TOTAL 2013: 253 miles / TOTAL 2014: 322 so far
Wow! I am so impressed with my progress this year! I only had two months where I banked less miles than last year, and although my mileage significantly dropped towards the end of the year, I still averaged more than 25 miles each month, or over 6 miles per week! My mileage goal for next year is once again to beat the mileage from this year… but ultimately I want to bank 426 miles – that’s as far as going to Cedar Point and back from our house! ;)