I wish I could say that I was starting this month feeling AWESOME about my half marathon training. Unfortunately right around our 2 year wedding anniversary I came down with a nasty bug that kept me from training. Not only did I get sick, but we also got a visit from the state at work which meant some added stress and extra time at work. So I slacked on my training for about 2 weeks and have only just recently gotten back into the swing of things.
So, I’m going to keep working on the half marathon training plan, but I am not sure if I am going to run the Mid-Land Half. I am thinking more along the lines of running the 10k, which will still be a big deal, since I haven’t run a 10k since March. I’m not quite giving up yet… we’ll see how I feel after I do my long run this week!
Here’s a quick update on my mileage:
- January 2013: 12.33 miles / January 2014: 15.40 miles
- February 2013: 2.15 miles / February 2014: 29.24 miles
- March 2013: 27.85 miles / March 2014: 27.98 miles
- April 2013: 41.96 miles / April 2014: 43.68 miles
- May 2013: 45.00 miles / May 2014: 46.19 miles
- June 2013: 32.96 miles / June 2014: 22.02 miles
- July 2013: 31.78 miles / July 2014: 33.19 miles
- August 2013: 37.90 miles / August 2014: 17.15 miles
- September 2013: 2.30 miles / September 2014: 42.27 miles
- October 2013: 4.24 miles / October 2014:
- November 2013: 6.60 miles / November 2014:
- December 2013: 7.73 miles / December 2014:
- TOTAL 2013: 253 miles / TOTAL 2014: 278 so far
I have broken my record for mileage in a year! Wooot!! :)
My race plans for the rest of the year include running a 5k October 18th, then either the 10k or half marathon on November 8th. I am hoping to do a Turkey Trot and some sort of holiday race around Christmas, then the new year starts the Winter Warrior Series. My goal is to run all three Winter Warrior Races! And if I don’t run a half marathon on November 8th, then maybe I will run a half marathon during the Winter Warrior Series.