So here’s my list of goals for 2014, minus the ones that I decided not to accomplish earlier this year. I finished 10/27 of last year’s goals, not too shabby! I’m ready to start a new list of goals for 2015.
Cancel my membership at my current gym and get a new membership somewhere else (the new place has an indoor track and fitness classes that I hope will motivate me to be more active).DONE before the New Year even started! :)
- Buy a fitness class punch card for 10 classes each month and attend 10 fitness classes each month. I don’t think that I ever attended 10 fitness classes in a month, however I did regularly go to them… recently I started going to Zumba Toning every Monday and Yoga every Saturday.
- Do strength training at least twice per week. This is something I continue to struggle with. I just can’t get into a strength training routine! I have started going to Zumba Toning on Mondays to at least do a little bit more in the strength realm.
- Run at least three times per week. This varied from month to month… sometimes I was really good about running at least 3 times per week, if not more. Other times I went weeks without running at all.
- Reach a goal of 50 miles in a month walking and/or running by the end of the year. I never accomplished this goal… but that’s okay, it’s GOING to happen in 2015!
Run at least 3 5k races this year, and either an 8k or a 10k.I ran the Ice Cube 5k in February, the Mud Dogs 10k in March, the River Run 5k in May and the Little Foot 5k in June. I only ran one other 5k in 2014 – The Panda Bear Night Run.
- Train for a duathlon and complete one by the end of the year. I decided to train for a half marathon, but I didn’t end up doing that, either.
- No eating out on Wednesdays unless it is a special occasion or we are out of town. I did not accomplish this goal
- Post a “What I Ate Wednesday” blog at least twice per month. Yeah, that didn’t happen.
- Drink at least 80 oz. of water each day. Nope…
- Cut down on drinking diet pop and eventually give it up – possibly for Lent? I gave it up for Lent but started drinking it again. I have cut down a lot since starting my new job but still drink it.
- Cut out artificial sweeteners as much as possible. I have definitely cut back on artificial sweeteners, other than what I have had lately in diet pop.
- Make my lunch for work at least 3/5 days per week. I go back and forth with this. Some weeks I bring my lunch or eat lunch at home almost every day. And then I go back to getting take out.
Put at least $100 per month into both savings accounts.We did this, but did have to dip into our savings a few times. But we still both have our accounts set up for put away at least $100 per month automatically.
- Do Project 365 (take a picture every day) and post a weekly summary to this blog. Nope, didn’t happen.
- Make at least two Pinterest recipes per month and blog about it. I did a few but definitely not 2 per month.
- Go on an overnight ski trip with Ken. Didn’t happen.
- Get season passes to Cedar Point. We didn’t get them, but I did go down to Cedar Point once this year to ride the Mantis one last time.
Visit my out-of-town friends at least 6 times this year.Definitely – got to see some great concerts with my friends and did lots of other fun things, especially recently over the holidays.
- Sing karaoke. Nope :(
Visit my parents at our cottage (their home) at least 2 times this summer.Did it! See 311 in concert this summer.Saw them at Common Ground in Lansing. :) Plan a vacation and REALLY use my vacation days.No real vacation this year… but I am using my vacation days!
- Organize and submit all of my continuing education credits. I have got to get on top of this in 2015!
Go to church with Ken’s family at least once per month.I went almost every week, whether it was with Ken’s family or by myself, and recently started being dismissed from Mass as part of the RCIA process. Read the Bible.I read the Gospel of Matthew during Lent and get Bible verses sent to my email every day. I also read scripture at our RCIA meetings. Start RCIA in the fall.I started the Inquiry process back in January, started inquiry classes in June, received the Rite of Welcome in November and started regular RCIA classes with dismissal in December.